Friday, January 16, 2009

My New Mixer


Ok, for those of you who know me, I hate to cook, much less bake. But for the past year, I have had a facination with the Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Why? Because maybe if I had one, I might cook. (I use that same strategy with scrapbooking, why not use it in the kitchen? ) Well, I looked at all the models and questioned all of my friends who had the mixer and was convinced that I could use one. On Black Friday, I went to Walmart in hopes to buy on for $130, but they were sold out. I then went to Sam's and bought the professional model for $250. When I came home, I just wasn't feeling the love for it. Did I spend too much on a mixer? Would I use it enough to justify spending that much? Did I have false expectations of myself? After I decided that I paid too much and that I would buy the Classic model for $200 instead, my brother called me and told me to go to Sears.com. Sears was having a Black Friday sale on Hamilton Beach mixers. I checked it out and the mixer was reg. $200 and on sale for $99 with a $30 rebate. SOLD! I was able to get free s/h and with tax, I spent $75 on a new mixer! Although it's not a Kitchen Aid, I'm in love with it! I saved $175 and I now find eays to use my new mixer!

7 comments:

Chris said...

My Kitchen Aid mixer is one of my FAVORITE appliances. :) It sounds like you got a great deal-- Way to be a savy shopper. You're going to love a stand mixer!!
Natalie got one for Christmas too. :)

the Villamor's said...

not sure your blog is rated G anymore with that video;) hardy har har....

the Villamor's said...

now i want a mixer! i sure loved using it at your house!

Kim Mayfield said...

I LOVE my Kitchen Aid. Barry got it for me for Christmas several years ago, and I don't know how I got along without it!

Congrats on your great buy!! Enjoy!

Chris said...

I agree about that video..whoa ;)

Jayne said...

Let me know if you makes you want to bake. I love to cook but have never been a baker

Granny's Blog said...

Hope you like using it.

Visitors as of 10/3/08