Monday, May 10, 2010

Never Say Never!



Growing up, my mom and dad would listen to "talk radio" 24/7. Now, to a teenager, that was torture! Even after I moved out and had a family of my own, talk radio continued to be a staple in my parents home. I have always listened to rock with a little bit of country on the side until we moved to Hazel Green five years ago. Not wanting to listen to my normal music for the thirty minute drive to school, I began flipping channels and discovered a Birmingham talk radio station 101.1 and a local station 92.5 that talked about local politics. I instantly fell in love with these two channels. I couldn't believe I actually enjoyed listening to local and national politics! Today, I can't drive in my car without having one of these two stations on. Trust me, it drives Forrest and Sadie crazy!!!! In he past several years, I have become great friends with Dale Jackson, Dave Ramsey, Rush, Luara Engram, Hannity and Mark LaVinn, to name a few! And I especially love the national and local news that come on every hour and every half hour. Looking back, I should've known better than to tell my parents I would "NEVER" listen to talk radio, because everytime I say "NEVER" , it always backfires on me!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Welcome to the Adult Age! I really enjoyed being with you today. I loved making the jewelry and can't wait to wear a piece tomorrow when I take Dad to the Dr in H'ville. I'll be styling!! We'll have to do it again. I'll be looking for papers I want to use!

the Villamor's said...

i love talk radio!

jewelry??? you are really making jewelry? where's mine?;)

Visitors as of 10/3/08