Thursday, May 6, 2010

Over-the-Top Invites


No. 2 Post

I was asked to create invitations for the newly-turned 12 year olds at our church for a program called "Walk with God" that will explain to them and his parents about the Young Men program along with the scouting program. I was honored that I was asked to use my scrapbooking skills to come up with the perfect "over-the-top" invite for this program and that I would be reimbursed for any costs I have in making this project. No pressure, right? I had three weeks to complete this task and the first two weeks I stressed about how I was going to pull this off. I prayed for inspiration and after playing around with an idea or two, this is the final result and I couldn't be more happier. I honestly felt like I had a walk with God because He really and truely inspired me in creating these invites. I absolutely love how the invite incoorperates a compass along with a map (with script writing stamped on it) to help illustrate the importance of this program and the course these young boys can take with the help of God. The cost was almost nothing to make, but the experience was priceless!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Love this. Great work.

Granny's Blog said...

You really did a good job with the invitations!The parents will really appreciate them.

I'm proud of you.

Visitors as of 10/3/08