Monday, October 27, 2008

Today's the Day


Today is the day I have been putting off for over 10 months. I go in for surgery at Crestwood Hospital at 7:30am to correct a prolapse. I found out the first of the year that I would need this surgery. I just had a partial hysterectomy last summer and was not happy with the news of another surgery. I tried to put it off as long as I could.

Of all the times I have been under the knife, this one I have stressed over the most. Maybe, it is because I know I'll be down for at least six weeks and a good six months for my body to recover. And, the only way to correct the prolapse is to do an extensive episiotomy. I remember the pain from having Forrest and Sadie. It's not a walk in the park! Don't you love being a female? This all comes with the territory with having beautiful children.

Forrest will have an advantage of sleeping in for another 1 1/2 hours everyday when I come home on Tuesday, as I will not be able to drive for 2-3 weeks and that means no early morning seminary! However, he will be doing home study until I can drive again.

I did have the time to get the house in order so that my family can exist while I lay helplessly on the couch. I do have to admit, I'm nervous about not being able to do any housework. Believe it or not, I have come to enjoy cleaning my house! Now it is up to George, Forrest and Sadie. I pray that they will be able to stay "ahead" and not fall behind in the next six weeks as I recover.

I will not be too bored out of my mind recovering for the next six weeks. I have set up a table with my scrapbooking supplies so I can participate in my online class at feelingscrappy.com. It begins today and is four weeks long. At least I can be productive in some way! I appreciate all of your prayers for me and my family at this time. I have the best family and friends in the world who I adore and love with all of my heart!

6 comments:

Boston Family said...

I pray things go well for you today and that the recovery is as quick as it can be.

Rachel said...

I've been thinking of you all day today. Hang in there and I hope all goes well and recovery is quick!

Chris said...

Ahh, so sorry you have to go through this, Trudy. I'll be praying for you & your family. Glad you'll get to scrap lots without any guilt :)

Clarissa and Matt said...

Ah! That stinks! I hope that everything goes well for you and will keep you in my prayers!! Let me know if we can do anything for you!

Beth said...

I hope everything went well today! Here's for a speedy recovery!

Kim said...

I hope you are recovering well! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Oh, BTW... I gave your stamps to my mom, so maybe George can get them for you so you can have something else to play with!!!

Visitors as of 10/3/08