Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cookies & Obstacles


I've never been a cookie lover and up until a couple of months ago, I have been very satisfied with Keebler and Nabisco taking care of my family's cookie needs. But since I became a stay-at-home mom this past year, I thought I should fulfill my motherly duties and learn how to make cookies! I was really impressed by my friend Ashley and how much she enjoyed baking cookies weekly for her family. I do not enjoy cooking, much less baking, but after watching her in action and the joy she has making cookies for her family, I decided I wanted the same joy for my family. After adjusting my attitude towards baking and learning through trial and error over the last couple of months, I can honestly say I am totally in love with baking cookies! Seeing my family gooble up the cookies I make and hearing the words, "Thanks mom!", I am hooked. The best part of adjusting my attitude toward baking, and the most unexpected, is the change in my attitude toward cooking for my family. What a blessing it is to finally overcome two obstacles in a couple of months that have plagued me for sixteen years of marriage. Never would I have guessed it would come in the form of an oatmeal-butterscotch cookie!

(btw, we didn't eat all of these cookies. I gave most of them away! lol)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I'm glad you had an attitude adjustment and cookies was the cause. No matter what the cause, it is a good feeling to want to cook for your family and they just love you for it!

the Villamor's said...

hmmm...but if you didn't give them away I bet Fo could have eaten them all! ha!

it feels good to bake and cook doesn't it,....especially when the family is appreciative!

Jayne said...

What a great post - glad you are enjoying it! I am not much of a baker but I love to cook :)

Visitors as of 10/3/08